Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wedding Band

I recently had the honor of serving as my brother’s Best Man in his wedding.  It was a great day, and I wish him and his new bride nothing but the best.

Wedding Band – it’s a homonym…Meaning either the circular metallic object, which may or may not be covered in “bling” or “ice” as the kids say, or a cohort of musicians hired to play at a wedding.  This past weekend got me thinking about the words “wedding band” in both senses, especially due to my upcoming nuptials in April of 2012.

Aside from the food to be served, the music to be played is the single most important aspect to me.  To be clear, food is my number one passion, followed closely by music.  I cannot play a single instrument, or carry a tune to save my life, but I absolutely love the power of music.  I am a lucky man in that Jennifer shares my passion for music, now if only I could get her to be less picky about food…Even before Jennifer and I were officially engaged we had a running list of music for our wedding.

The wedding band in it first sense, a circular metallic object, is taken care of, and yes, it is covered in “ice”.  That’s just how I roll…Wedding band – check.

In the second sense, the wedding band is to be determined.  An event coordinator recently underestimated my bride to be and jokingly mentioned that a particular reception hall was large enough for a disc jockey, a live band, or both.  Little did she know that Jennifer is indeed considering the “both” option which was suggested in jest. 

It is crucial that the cover band be able to cover The Black Keys in a respectable manner (I know, that is a tall order as Dan and Patrick are pretty much unparalleled…)  Regardless, or irregardless as my grammatically challenged friend would say, I hope to have an amazing band that can do them justice…

No comments:

Post a Comment