Friday, April 6, 2012

#Countdown

My apologies...It has been many, many months since I have posted anything...It has been pretty crazy, finalizing wedding details and meeting all of our obligations in the planning process.  But here we are, a mere 21 days until I marry the love of my life!


I have been counting down the days on my Facebook profile...It helps the time pass.  I got the idea of a countdown from the Pastor who will be conducting out ceremony, Jamalyn.  In one of our premarital counseling sessions she mentioned how she used spare change to count down the days until her wedding...As in, "Five Nickels, One Penny" until I marry Jennifer!  I thought it was a great way to keep track of the days, so I stole the idea :)


As the day draws near, it is easy to get lost in the excitement.  I am trying to take a moment each day to remind myself what our wedding is actually about.  I am also trying to take each opportunity to thank those around us who have gone the extra mile to make our day special.


I am excited about the ceremony we have planned.  It is going to mean a lot to Jennifer and I to make such a grand commitment to each other in front of so many friends and our family.  We are also blessed to know Jamalyn so well because the ceremony will mean that much more because she is the one officiating. We are able to include aspects of our Faith that we might not have been able to if we did not have such a close relationship with our Pastor.  It means a lot to us, and we are grateful for the blessings we have.


We are also blessed to have such supportive parents.  Jennifer's parents, JIm and Susan, have gone out of their way to make sure our day is amazing.  Susan in particular has dedicated countless hours to the planning, and I appreciate every single bit of effort she has given.  I know we are going to have a ceremony as beautiful as my bride, and I absolutely cannot wait for April 28 to finally be here!


Two Dimes, One Penny
#Countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment